Our corporate and community clients have included:
- The Capital Hill Containment Emergency Response Team (SWAT)
- Omnisec Security
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- The American Psychological Association
- Loudoun County Schools
- The Washington Redskin Cheerleaders
- The Girl Scouts of America
- Broad Run Community Assoc.
- Caldwell Bankers Real Estate
- Gold’s Gym
- The United States Senate Page Program
- The Graduate Management Admissions Council
- Allstate Insurance
- America Online
- and many more
“I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere
gratitude for your instruction in hand to hand combat to the members of our
Containment Emergency Response Team. The techniques you demonstrated will give
our officers one more option, which will help them effectively handle these
types of situations. The assistance and
expertise provided by you is an invaluable enhancement to our tactics,
benefiting not only the Team, but ultimately the protection of the United
States Congress and its thousands of visitors.”
-Commander, Containment Emergency Response Team,
United States Capitol Police
- "I have worked with Dan consistently for the last 5
years. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects related to fitness with
particular expertise in corrective exercise through both weight training and
movement. Every workout is challenging, engaging, and fun! Never late, always
prepared. Highly recommended."
- "I have been working out with Dan for over 5 years an
his experience with joint movement and the body overall has been a big plus in
keeping me fit at the rip old age of 66. I would highly recommend anyone at any
age to work with Dan"
- "I have now trained with Dan for 10 years. I started
with him Jan of 2005. I have never trained with someone with so much knowledge.
He shows that he cares and really wants you to be your best."
- "When I started training with Dan, I was of a certain
age and was starting to lose some capabilities, such as being able to get back
up gracefully after sitting on the floor. His program has made me stronger and
more flexible. He designs workouts for me that continue to challenge me as I
improve. When I had injuries, he worked with my physical therapist to provide
me with the best transition back to training. His ability to explain how the
human body moves - and can be injured - has made me more aware of how my body
works and how I can preserve and even improves my capabilities as I age.
Finally, Dan is very likable, and I enjoy his lively conversations during
- If you need a good trainer in the NoVa/DC area, check out Fairfax Fitness. Dan Mikeska really knows his stuff, AND he's fun to
- “Thank you so much for taking time to teach and instruct us
on personal self defense techniques! Your seminar was very educational. We
thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and appreciate the knowledge and tactics that we
learned and believe they will be extremely helpful if we ever have to use
Washington Redskins Cheerleaders
- As a training partner of Dan's in the past, I can say he
will offer you nothing but the best martial arts training experience you can
find. He is an awesome instructor and full of integrity
- “Dan has given me the training, skills, and confidence
needed to defend myself should I become involved in any confrontation.”
Local Law Enforcement
Defensive Tactics Instructor
Fairfax County RAD Instructor
- Having worked with several personal trainers in the past,
Dan Mikeska is by far the best. He keeps the workouts fun, challenging, and
helps me gain the maximum benefits in what seem like a very small amount of
time….Dan is a true professional. …”
- “Dan Mikeska provides a unique kind of knowledge and
motivation that is helping me maintain a fitness lifestyle. Training with him
is one of the best investments I have ever made…”
Legal Counsel-U.S. Senate
- Excellent people, excellent training. Dan is great and works
with great people.
- Just finished the 90 day P99X program and I feel great. The
workouts begin with a very dynamic and heart pumping warm up and then go into
strength exercises. All classes end with some core work and when you walk out,
all of your stress has melted away. I also followed the nutrition plan and in
total lost 11 lbs and 4 3/4 inches!! This program is very much worth every
penny because you have a person there instead of a DVD telling you how to
improve your form :-)
- On behalf of the Virginia Run Neighborhood Watch, I would
like to thank you for providing us with an excellent self-defense course. The girl scouts in particular felt they
benefited…the girls will have more confidence if they are in a dangerous
- The skills and training which Dan has imparted to me has
greatly enhanced my abilities, and knowledge of defensive tactics. He displays a pleasant demeanor, while
dispensing first rate instruction.
E. Goad, Law Enforcement Officer
- Dan has the ability to place everyone in the classroom on an
even playing field. As a result, the
techniques I’ve earned and the confidence these new skills have given me is
- This course brought a level of awareness to our daughters
and ourselves that we did not possess before.
Dan showed us how to use our bodies to ensure maximum results; how to
use anything we had available as a weapon.
He was able to keep everyone motivated and focused on the bigger picture
of staying safe; staying alive. As
mother’s we thought we were doing this for our daughters, but we ended up
learning so much and realizing how important it is for us to have this training
- Thank you so much for your time and expertise. Your practical and easily understood
self-defense seminar was well received.
I had numerous Bureau staff approach me after the seminar expressing
their appreciation and how they felt comfortable with your techniques.
Department of Justice
Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Through your teaching, I have made tremendous progress not
only as a martial artist, but to my surprise growth as an individual,
surpassing barriers I did not know existed.
In addition to Personal Fitness Training, Corrective Exercise, and Medical Fitness, I offer lessons in Jeet Kune
Do, Kali, Defensive Tactics, and Self-defense.
My studio is easily accessable from Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudoun
Counties and serve Chantilly, Fairfax, Centreville, South Riding, Oak Hill,
Greenbriar, Reston, Herndon, Tyson’s Corner, Manassas, Vienna, Oakton,
Gainesville, Haymarket, Bristow